So, you wanna know more about me, huh? Well, here it is – everything you need to know (and don’t need to know) about me in 10 bullet points:
1. I was born in Southern California, but my family moved to Northern Arizona when I was 6. I grew up in Prescott, AZ and went to college in Flagstaff, AZ. Go Jacks!
2. I moved to the Phoenix-area (specifically Mesa) for a job in January 2009. People told me I’d get use to the heat…LIES!
3. In March 2011 I became a first time homeowner - 3 bedrooms/2 baths to call my own! And that’s when/why I started The Junk House. I thought it would be a fun way to share my (mis)adventures in owning/renovating/decorating a home.
4. I live with my boyfriend and our 2 doggies – Ringo and Abby. Ringo is blue heeler (aka Queensland heeler/Australian cattle dog) and Abby is a yellow lab. Ringo is a hellion and Abby is the sweetest pup ever…and I love them as if they were my real babies.
5. By day I’m a
corporate cubicle dweller financial analyst. I manage budgets, earnings…and I’m putting myself to sleep just talking about it. It’s not exciting and I hate sitting in a cubicle every day, but I like being able to pay my mortgage…
6. That just made my job sound WAY worse than it actually is. I should note that I love my manager and the other people in my group. They are so much fun and I honestly enjoy working with each of them. I like most of the other people I work with too…and I met my boyfriend at work, so I’ll always have a soft spot for the company. It’s just that finance is sooooo boring.
7. I love to craft and DIY because I’m cheap and I think I can make everything myself. Although sometimes I end up wishing I would have just bought the already made version…
8. I’ve been
cheap a bargain hunter my whole life. I love sales, clearance, and thrift stores.
9. I watch A LOT of TV. My must watch list (in no particular order): Justified, Dexter, White Collar, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, The Big Bang Theory, Project Runway, Modern Family, The High/Low Project, Downton Abbey and Secrets from a Stylist. But I also love reading! You can see what book I’m reading right now by checking out the “Currently Reading” section on my sidebar. You can also see my book count for the year at the bottom of this page.
10. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this blog. I just thought it would be a fun way to share some of my projects and keep myself motivated. Nothing holds you more accountable than sharing your plans to finish something over the internet! But I had no idea that I’d still be blogging almost 2 years later and that I would “meet” such wonderful people. So thank you to all of you who stop by my little blog and leave such nice words. I still get giddy every time I see new comments show up in my inbox! You all are great friends and I always look forward to hearing from you and seeing what you are up to on your own blog! There’s some serious talent in this strange, but wonderful blog world! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!
2014 Book Count: 22