- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

List Lady

I like to write lists out for EVERYTHING. There are probably 3 lists in my purse as we speak. Grocery list, errands to run, appointments to schedule, etc. So, when I saw this ‘Things to Do’ project at eighteen25 I knew I had to make one for myself. This is way more stylish than my ratty list notebook!


You can find the tute for this project and the printable (fo’ free) at eighteen25. But I’m still going to show how I created my version.
I started with this gold frame I found at the thrift store for $1.
Before:

I decided to use my free Valspar sample, Sweet Mustard, for this project. Spray paint would have been easier, but I already had this on hand.

I quickly sanded the frame because it seemed like the proper thing to do. And by quick I mean like 1 minute…sanding sucks.

2 coats of Sweet Mustard later and the frame was looking pretty SWEET (get it?).
(after 1 coat)

I shabbied it up with a little distressing and glazing (I used Minwax Dark Walnut stain and a paper towel...fancy)


I threw the printable in my frame and…ta-da!
After:

My first project done and posted! Finally!

I’m still debating whether or not I should permanently print/write out my weekly to-dos, so I don’t have to keep re-writing them.
Total Cost:
Frame $1
White Board Markers $2-something
Total $3-something
Dark Walnut stain)

3 comments:

  1. hiya sam , what a really cute and useful project x i had to laugh when i read your list ...yes i am that nosey ... and saw that you have a note to remind you to do a dinner list ..lol me thinks you will be making another one of these in the near future thanks for sharing
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. it turned out great!! i'm glad to see that even a year later you put the idea to good use!! :)
    thanks so much for sharing with us.
    jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shade of yellow and the project is very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin