- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Painted It White – Part 1

You might remember the story about my boyfriend not wanting me to paint any furniture white. Well, I’ve decided to start a series featuring furniture that I end up painting white anyway!
You probably recognize this little table from a Weekend Junk post.

I bought it at Savers for $9.99 at the end of March. It’s been gracing my living room with it’s lovely oak presence ever since.
Finally I went to Home Depot, bought a sander, and sanded this little baby dull.

I primed it with the leftover Kilz primer from my bedroom.

I used Sherwin Williams ProClassic Creamy to paint the table. I don’t have a picture of the table before I decided to heavily distress it.


Hated it. So, I painted over most of the distressing and then lightly distressed the table again.

Better. Glaze time! I mixed Minwax Dark Walnut Stain with some Valspar Clear Glaze...wipe on, rub off.

Meanwhile, I painted the pull with Krylon’s ORB. The table doesn’t really have a drawer, but I like the pull, so I kept it anyway.
I finished off the table with a couple sprays of Minwax Polycrylic in Satin and added the pull back to the "drawer".

Here she is, in all her white glory! 

Confession: I haven't unpacked any decorations...I had to dig through boxes to find these!



8 comments:

  1. The table looks great. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding how much to distress or not distress. Haha. How's the house coming?

    Thanks for stopping by the yesterday Sam. Glad you liked Simone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks much better white than it did before...

    I have it's matching desk in my basement. Too bad I'd have no place to put it if I redid it white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not one for painting every bit of furniture, but that definitely looks better after its makeover. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great but the question I want to know is does your boyfriend like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so much better, and updated, now. It looks like you took all the right steps to prepare it too. You should show your boyfriend the prices on painted furniture at places like mainecottage.com and he might not mind you painting the table so much ;)Ouch, expensive stuff.

    I came by from Homemaker on a Dime's blog hop, and I'm now following you. I hope you find time to stop by my blog. I painted a little round table in our living room that was formerly oak but very solid. I love love it now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up. I'm having so much fun co-hosting this week. I have had a hard time with white too...I actually just redid some dressers and used white on the base but painted the top black...turned out perty nice if you ask me. Love your side table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Egad. I absolutely adore this piece. Love that you kept the original hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Thanks for linking up.
    Crystal
    www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin