- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Monday, March 19, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Week 2 Review

Last Monday I announced that I was only going to cook Pinterest recipes for dinner for the week.  Everything turned out pretty good, but I only ended up with a few “keepers”.  Before I crap on any recipes I want to say that these are just our opinions.  You might like something we didn’t and vice versa. That’s what makes food (and life) fun; everyone is different.
Recipes have been pinned here.

Monday Night:
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Pasta - Served with French Bread

I LOVE spinach artichoke dip. I order it almost every time we go out to eat, so I love the idea of spinach artichoke pasta. Sadly, I don’t think this is it….we both agreed that this was good, but not great. I did like how it was baked after it was all mixed together. I think that’s the reason why it was better than another spinach artichoke pasta recipe we’d tried before.
Cooking Note: I added a diced, cooked chicken breast to the pasta.

Tuesday Night:

I really liked the shrimp and the marinade, but I didn’t like it with the penne noodles. I thought it would have been better with rice. My boyfriend thought it would have been better with a different kind of noodle – maybe fettucine.
I should also mention that it wasn’t very spicy. So, don’t be afraid of this recipe if you don’t like spicy foods – you’ll be fine.
Overall, I’d say this is a keeper – but I’ll serve it over rice next time.

Wednesday Night:

We really liked the chicken. It was moist and had a really good flavor. I added some minced onion to the marinade and I think that’s a must. You could easily add some soy sauce and sesame oil to turn this dish into Asian Inspired Garlic Chicken. Oh, and it was Easy!
Now, let’s talk about the potatoes…ugh. They were a major disappointment. They looked so good when I started them in the morning…sigh! I think it’d be fair to say they weren’t bad, but they weren’t good.

Thursday Night

These were really good. I love the idea of something unexpected on the nachos. You could skip the “make your own BBQ sauce” step and just use your favorite store brand. I think it would taste just as good and be even faster/easier to make.
Oh, and don’t skip the diced avocado on top!
Cooking Note: I used shredded mozzarella and some shredded “casserole” cheese. I was too cheap to buy gouda...haha!  

Sunday Night
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas – Served with Refried Beans

I should start by saying I love chicken enchiladas with green sauce. I order them all the time at Mexican restaurants. That being said, I really liked these! I loved the sweetness of the honey mixed with the kick from the chili powder and green enchilada sauce. I think the honey lime chicken would also be good wrapped in a burrito.

Dessert

Absolutely delicious and so easy to make, but SO unhealthy. What do you expect when the only ingredients are marshmallows, Oreos, and butter?!

The recipes that earned a spot in my infamous binder are:
Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet (Skip the penne; serve over rice)
Easy Garlic Chicken
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Has anyone else tried a recipe they pinned?

3 comments:

  1. I use my pins weekly to menu plan. I plan for about four meals and one dessert. I have a two year old so our dinners don't always go as planned, so I leave a night for leftovers or free for all. :) I've found it really helpful and I write myself a note on my pin after we try it. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreos and butter? Eep!

    I made the garlic chicken, and it smoked and splattered like crazy. We thought it was just okay. So does that mean I did something wrong? Hm.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin