- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Coffee Table

I FINALLY BOUGHT A NEW COFFEE TABLE!
 

Um yeah, I’m a little excited over here…sorry about the yelling.
 

Anyway, I’ve been working on my living room for the past year, which means I’ve been looking for a coffee table for the past year. Yeah, I’m picky. The criteria for my perfect table is as follows: white, no bottom shelf (so more of my pretty rug would be visible), large (about the same size as our current table), and reasonably priced. That’s not asking much, is it? Apparently so...


I’ve debated every option from sawing the bottom shelf off our current table and painting it white to building a new table from scratch to refinishing a table from Goodwill/Craigslist, but I’ve just never found the perfect solution.
 

As soon as I saw this Standard Furniture Cambria Coffee Table from Wayfair, I knew it was the one. The measurements were perfect, the price was right ($205) and I’ve had good luck in the past with Wayfair (I ordered my console table from them), so I ordered it right then. 


It arrived less than a week later and I couldn’t wait to put it together. As you can see, Ringo was obsessed with the box and kept dropping his ball in it. 


Everything was already assembled, so I just had to screw the legs on and add the piece of glass. It was so quick and easy…unlike some IKEA furniture.  


I love it! Although I wish it wasn’t so bright white…it’s way whiter than our entertainment center…maybe I just need to get used to it.
 

I will admit that I’m a little worried about the glass top and Ringo. He’s a walking tornado, but our glass end table has survived the past couple of years, so I’m hopeful the glass coffee table top will as well. We’ll see...



And with that, I can cross another item off my to-do list. It’s been awhile since I’ve reviewed my to-do list, so let’s see where I’m at now:
 

Find sectional
Buy rug
DIY abstract art
Re-paint console table
Paint China Hutch
Sew curtains
Apothecary cabinet
Find coffee table

Sew throw pillows
Buy garden stool/end table
Style entertainment center shelves
Replace missing baseboard
Replace arm chair
Buy large plant/pot
Decorate fireplace mantle
Accessories




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin