- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Instagram Magnets

Finally, a project! Today I’m going to show y’all how to make Instagram magnets. They are really easy to make and a lot cheaper than ordering them from one of those websites.


First, you need your Instagram pictures. I used followgram – just replace my Instagram name with your Instagram name to see your feed. Click on a picture and right-click to save.

Next we’ll use PicMonkey. Select Create a Collage – click the layout button (the one with the rectangle and 2 squares) – click Square Deal and choose the 3 x 3 option

Now we add our pictures. Click the image button (the one that looks like mountains and the sun) – click Upload photos – select 6 photos

And then the finishing touches. Click the background button (the paint tray) – change the spacing to 0 – save collage

OK, we’re almost done. Open the picture to edit – select crop – use the drop down to select 4x6 – position the crop feature around your picture (it should fit perfectly) – click apply – save your picture

Now to print – I had my picture developed through Wal-Mart’s 1-hour photo. You can upload your pictures online and then pick them up in the store. But you can use any store you like or print them out yourself. 19 cents later, I had my print.
You also need a magnet sheet - I found this one at Michael’s for $2.79. It also comes in a roll for $9.99, which might be a good option if you plan on making a lot of these.

The magnet sheet I bough is adhesive, so you can just stick your picture on. If you can’t find the adhesive one, you can just use spray adhesive to mount your photo. If you plan correctly, you can fit 8 Instagram pictures on 1 sheet.

And finally, cut your pictures out! You can use scissors if you are talented enough to cut a straight line. I’d recommend a ruler and utility knife (don’t forget to protect the surface you’re working on) or a heavy-duty paper cutter – that’s what I used.
And here they are on my fridge (holding an RSVP card that need to be returned):

So, 6 Instagram magnets for about $3 – cheaper than ordering them online (9 for $14.99)! If you want to make more than 6, I’d still recommend 4x6 prints. Normally, they are a lot cheaper than 8x10 prints. Let me know if you have any questions - or if you end up making some for yourself!

Are you on the Instagram bandwagon? I don’t post pictures very often, but you can find me at SAMTJH22 if you are interested. If you have an account, leave your user name so I can follow you. 
HookingupwithHoHBeyond The Picket Fencemaking monday marvelous linky partyLil\'LunaToo Much Time On My Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin