- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Office Storage – Filing Cabinets

I’m still completely in love with the desk that we built, but there’s one big problem with it. There’s no storage! I’m a paper/office supplies hoarder and I needed somewhere to keep my stash!  

My original plan was to bring in a couple filing cabinets, but I wasn’t sold on the idea of adding such big, bulky pieces to the room.  And then I saw this makeover by Emily Henderson (isn’t she amazing?!). Notice the filing cabinets? They’re from IKEA and they are way better looking (and cheaper) than traditional filing cabinets. And they are only 11 inches wide – perfect for a small space!
Luckily IKEA isn’t too far from my house, so I stopped there last Saturday to pick up a pair cabinets plus some other goodies. Assembly was a pain – seriously, these cabinets are the epitome of cheap IKEA furniture construction. The the drawers are held together by folding metal tabs together, but it works, so I can’t complain too much.

Here’s a full desk shot, including a sneak peek at the gallery wall that I’m working on:


And now we have plenty of storage…actually a couple of drawers are still empty! I’m sure they’ll be filled soon enough. I still need to work on desktop storage and finish the gallery wall (and hide all the cords), but I love how this side of the room is starting to look! It’s pretty, but functional…my favorite combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin