- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Week 3 Review

Last Monday I announced that it was Pinterest Recipe Week – meaning that I was only going to cook dinner from recipes I’ve recently pinned. Everything turned out pretty good, but only a few of the recipes earned a spot in my recipe binder. Before I crap on any recipes I want to say that these are just our opinions. You might like something we didn’t like or vice versa. That’s what makes food fun; everyone is different.

Monday

I love pizza and I love garlic, so this was the perfect dish for me! I used meat from a rotisserie chicken and made the pizza dough with one of those pre-made mixes, so this was a really easy and quick dish to make. I really liked the idea of using Philadelphia Cooking Crème as the sauce.  The only sketchy part was that I forgot to add the cheese until the last 3 minutes of cooking time! Oops – I guess I was too eager to get back to my Sons of Anarchy marathon! Anyway, this was definitely a keeper!
Cooking Note: I followed the temperature and cooking time directions on my package of dough mix, not the recipe.

Tuesday

The steak skewers had a lot of flavor and were good, but I probably wouldn’t make them again. No particular reason…there just wasn’t anything special about them.
The broccoli was delicious! I really like how the oven cooks the broccoli – it’s crispy and not mushy. Plus the roasted garlic gives it such a good flavor.

Wednesday
Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce and Rice


So, I didn’t follow this recipe very well…I ended up buying a bag of green beans that you cook in the microwave. They turn out perfect every time and I didn’t want to mess with steaming them. Also, I’m allergic (supposedly) to sesame seeds so I left out the sesame oil and sesame seeds. I used a Thai chili sauce that is amazing, but not very spicy so my Spicy Garlic Sauce wasn’t spicy at all. That being said, this was good, but I think I’ll stick was garlic butter or just the Thai chili sauce next time I need a quick shrimp dish.  

Thursday
California Club Quesadilla


Good, but nothing special…I think it would be better if you used the avocado to make guacamole instead of stuffing it in the quesadilla – it would at least give it more flavor. I think I’ll stick to my usual quesadilla recipe – cheese, chicken, grilled onions, and bacon served with guacamole and sour cream.

Sunday
I didn’t get a chance to make the Southwest Crispy Chicken Sliders and Baked French Fries this week. Last night we ended up having dinner with my boyfriend’s family to celebrate his grandma’s birthday. I still have all of the ingredients, so I’m going to make it this week. I’ll update this post later to include my review.

Dessert

I have a confession to make: this was my first time trying Nutella…I know! I’m the last blogger on earth to eat Nutella. Anyway, I made these cookies to take to work and they were a hit! They had more of a brownie texture than cookie texture, but I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing. I’ll definitely make these again!
Cooking Note: After reading some of the comments I decided to add 1 tbsp milk to my mixture and only use half of the sugar in the recipe. BUT I did sprinkle the top of the cookies with sugar before I baked them.


So, the recipes that earned a spot in my infamous binder are:
Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza
Roasted Broccoli with Smashed Garlic
Nutella Cookies

Has anyone else tried a recipe they've pinned? Leave any recommendations in the comments section - I'm always looking for new dishes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin