- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rug Painting Party – Week 3

It’s the third and final week of the Rug Painting Party – that means today is finished rug day!  You can see Week 1 here and Week 2 here.
When we last left off – I decided to paint stripes after my “paint by numbers” plan failed. I started by painting the entire rug white - first I rolled on Creamy by Sherwin Williams. BUT, the rug looked splotchy after one coat and I was getting impatient, so I decided to spray paint the rug. I used Rustoleum Paint + Primer in white.

As you can see, the lines of the weave were still showing through the paint. This made it really easy to tape off the stripes. With Ringo and Abby supervising, it took less than 30 minutes to tape off the stripes.

Once the rug was all taped up, I took it outside and spray painted the gray stripes. I don’t have a picture, so you’ll have to use your imagination. I just used even strokes and tried to spray straight above the rug and not on an angle – I didn’t want the paint spraying under the tape.
Once I removed the tape I did notice a few spots where the paint got under the tape, but it’s not that noticeable. I can always touch it up later. Anyway, tape removed and paint dry – here’s my new rug:

I love it! The stripes are so fun and definitely my style. It actually doesn't feel too crunchy from the paint. However, I've read that lightly sanding the rug can help if your rug feels too stiff. 

I want to thank Linda from My Crafty Home Life for putting this challenge together. This rug would still be unfinished in my closet otherwise! Also, don’t forget to stop by the other participating blogs to see the rest of the reveals. There were some great in-progress projects last week, so I’m sure they look amazing all finished up.

Trapped In North Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin