- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Organized Pantry

The pantry in my new house is HUGE! Look at all that space!


I’m determined to have an organized pantry in my new house. I don’t want it to turn into this:
My Current Pantry
(excuse the photos…I took them this morning before the sun came up)
The horror!
I have an excuse (maybe not a good one). This is the only storage space in my apartment besides my bedroom closet, so everything just gets thrown in here.
I recycle all my plastic grocery bags…that’s the plastic mess on the floor. I need to buy/make something to hold them besides a Cheesecake Factory bag from 2 years ago.

Yes, I keep the boxes that all my appliances come in…in case I need to return them. It’s a good idea, but I need to clean them out more than every couple of years. The Bluray player and Wii are presents from Christmas 2009.
I swear I’m going to be organized this time!

This is how I’d like my pantry to look:
It’s beautiful! Visit House of Smiths for more pictures and deets!
My plan:
Sunday I bought 12 of these chalkboard labels from Groopdealz. 4 labels for $4, I bought 3 sets.
Now I need jars. And storage bins, so my chips and snacks don’t end up looking like this again:

I think most of my problems will be solved by having all that extra space. I’ll be able to spread everything out and actually be able to see what I have. I don’t even want to know how many duplicates I’ve got hiding in there. At least if there’s a disaster I’ll be all stocked up…

I’m promising an organized pantry this time! I’m hoping y’all will hold me to that promise!

7 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Your newest Follow me back Tuesday follower www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new house-it'll be so much fun for you to make it your own! Following you from FMBT. If you'd like, I'm at:
    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/03/today-i-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I need a pantry!! Following from the blog hop. Hope you can follow back.
    God Bless,
    Shelley
    < a href="http://www.mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com//">Finding My Life in Faith< /a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so need this! My pantry is a disaster area!! Great blog, new follower from FMBT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow. I’m following you back now!

    Oh, how I long for a nice pantry like that. But... for now I am stuck with a regular kitchen cabinet....

    -Becca
    Becca's Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from the Thirsty Thursday blog hop. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts! I would love it if you could follow me back too.

    ~Kristina
    www.cobbled-stone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....i wish my pantry was that big!! I love the ideas you have in mind! Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin