- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, February 28, 2013

More Plants!



Oh man! Two plant projects in a row!
As you saw in my herb garden post, I have two other plants on my kitchen counter. Both plants started off elsewhere in the house, but ended up here because of the great light. The plant in the yellow pot was only a few inches tall and only had about 5 leaves before I moved it here. The other plant was virtually dead before I moved it to the counter. Look at it now!

Because they both came from different areas of the house, they had different pots. The yellow pot is from Hobby Lobby and the white one is from IKEA.

I wanted to get matching pots for the plants so it looks like they actually belong together. I have a big pop of color planned for another spot in the kitchen, so I wanted to keep it pretty neutral. I figured white pots would work best. I love IKEA’s white pots, but they don’t have any drainage holes (I never have luck with pots without drainage). The IKEA pot in the picture above actually has three holes drilled into the bottom plus the plastic drainage dish. Anyway, I found these pots at Wal-Mart for about $12 each. I already had potting soil, so this was a pretty cheap change.  

This poor guy is a little wilted because I didn’t water him on Sunday like usual. I was planning on repotting them that day, but ended up doing it three days later…Don’t worry, he perked up later in the night.

Here they are together with my herb garden. I love how green and fresh this area looks. Plants really do add life to a space!

And with that, another project crossed off the to-do list:
To-Do List:

Add backsplash
Replace faucet
Update kitchen artwork
Update menu board
Create “Eat” sign
Re-pot plants
Create sign for above sink (to replace bon appétit sign)
Buy rug
Add accessories: potholders, towels, bamboo utensils/crock, oil/vinegar bottles




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin