- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Number 14 Sign

Believe it or not, I actually created something that I pinned! Actually, I’m sure y’all are more surprised to see two posts in a row than anything. I’ve been blog slacking lately and I blame Game of Thrones. I finally started watching it a few weeks ago and that’s all I’ve been doing during my spare time. I just finished season 3 and I’m still in shock. That show is so good, but seriously depressing sometimes.
ANYWAY…
When I saw this DIY sign from Layla at The Lettered Cottage, I knew it would be perfect for the office. I’ve been struggling with ideas for my boyfriend’s side of the gallery wall and I thought this project would be a great way to incorporate something meaningful for him.

I started by painting a wood plaque from Michael’s with some flat white paint I found in the garage. Once that was dry I used my Silhouette to cut the number 14 (font: Felix Titling) out of some leftover vinyl. I picked 14 because that was his number playing football in high school and I know those are some of his favorite memories. Ah, the glory days!


I filled in the number with some black acrylic paint and that’s it! Originally I was going to distress the sign, but I actually like it as-is. And now I’m one piece closer to a finished gallery wall!
Thanks for the inspiration Layla!

Has anyone else pinned it, did it lately? Or is anyone else addicted to Game of Thrones?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin