- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May After – Entertainment Center

I can’t believe May is already over! You know what that means - it’s time to share the progress I’ve made on my May project!
I started the month with my new IKEA entertainment center. So much prettier than anything that previously occupied that spot, but so empty! My May project was to dress this guy up!


I will say that I’m definitely not done with these shelves. I love how a few of them turned out, but most are subject to change. And a few just got some random items thrown together. Styling shelves is SO hard!


You’ll notice that I did change the knobs as promised (glass knobs from Hobby Lobby), but didn’t add bead board to the back of the unit. Honestly, I just didn’t have time this month, so that’s still on the list.
Let’s take a closer look at the shelves on the right:


And the shelves on the left:


One last look at everything together:

I already owned everything on the shelves except:
3 succulents (top-left, second from top-right, second from the bottom-right) – Home Depot $1.98 each
Fake flower (third down – left) – Target $9.99
Lantern (left – middle section) – Pier One $10.00 $7.50
Bird Cage (bottom – right) – Salvation Army $4.98 $2.49
Prints (third down – left, middle – middle section, second from bottom –right) – Wal-Mart $1.57 each

Free Printables available here (Keep Calm and Carry On), here (Octopus), and here (Life is a Beautiful Ride)

It definitely looks better than it did, but some of the shelves look too cluttered and a couple of the shelves look too plain. I think my favorite is the Keep Calm and Carry On/Flower shelf. Which one do you like?

And thank you to Lisa for hosting this party every month and forcing inspiring me to actually finish something around the house!


Shine Your Light

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin