- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Laundry Room Drywall and Plan Changes - ORC Week 4

Wow, time is flying by! I can’t believe we only have a couple weeks left to finish everything up and pull our rooms together!
 

OK, let’s just right to it -
 

As you saw on Tuesday, the drywall has been fixed! The drywall guy did such an amazing job and I’m so happy with how it turned out! You’d never know there used to be a hole there!


I got all of the trim and both doors painted over the weekend. I swear a fresh coat of white paint can fix anything! Although it never looks as good in pictures...


I also bought another light fixture, but we haven’t hung it yet…
 

OK, now let’s talk changes -
 

I decided to scratch the wall cabinet idea. Due to the measurements of the wall, a pair of standard cabinets would be either too short or too wide to fit in the room. I’d have to get custom cabinets and I really don’t want to put that much money into this room. So, I decided to keep the shelf instead. I gave it a fresh coat of paint and replaced the plain metal bracket with a decorative wood one. The wood bracket was only $10, but I think it makes the shelf look so much better. 

Before


After


That being said, let’s take a look at the updated to-do list:
 

Repair Drywall
Paint Walls
Paint Trim and Doors
Paint Ceiling
Paint Shelf and Replace Bracket

Install New Light Fixture
Update Light Switches to White
Add Wood Countertop
Hang Artwork
Install Ironing Board Hanger
Add Accessories/Final Touches

Remove Shelf - delete
Install Cabinets  - delete
Add Pulls to Cabinets – delete


And don't forget to check out the other participants' progress!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin