- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Monday, December 5, 2011

Double Whammy!

I’m baaa-aack!
I don’t know what exactly I did to fix my laptop, but it’s working now. Score one for selecting random options and pushing random buttons!
Now let’s talk master bathroom progress:
I finally finished the easiest project on my list – spray painting the bathroom vent. This is what it’s looked like for the past 8 ½ months.

I took the vent down and used Citristrip to remove the old paint.

Then I sprayed the vent and screws with Krylon Dual Paint + Primer in White Satin. This was my first time using the Dual. I definitely like that it saved me a step, but it seemed to take a long time to dry. 3 hours later it was still tacky. Whatev, it turned out awesome!

Cost
Krylon Dual – Wal-Mart $4something

I hung my new towel bar all by my onesies! And it was really simple…I don’t know why I was so scared. I think the hardest part was finding the towel bar! I had to go to two different Lowe’s to find the allen + roth 24” Raleigh Chrome Towel Bar (it matches my toilet paper holder).
Anyway, here’s my towel bar-less wall:

I followed the included directions (duh!) and now here’s my towel bar-installed wall:

Yay!
Don’t judge me by my towels. New towels are on my list, remember?

It’s so nice to have somewhere to hang my hand towels (1 for hands, 1 for face). Definitely better than laying on the vanity:
And finally, proof that it’s level!

Cost
Towel Bar – Lowes $24.98  $2something (tax)
(I had a $25 gift card from my credit card points)

One more small change – new Q-tip holder!

Cost
Glass Holder – Goodwill $1.49

Grand Total ~$8.49

Now I'm on the hunt for towels and artwork!

4 comments:

  1. May I have your old Q tip holder?

    Also, we have "just for show" towels and the towels we use. Hello, they start looking beat immediately, so we use them and don't worry about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting things crossed of the list; I really need to work on that! :) Not judging you at all on the towels, you should see mine!

    Take care!
    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I procrastinate and dread doing the small stuff for-ev-er, then to have it end up being a really quick project. The being scared to do it is the real stopper, I feel like I'm not a professional so I shouldn't be doing it.

    Kudos to you for striping the paint off the vent prior to painting it.... I might have skipped that step. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The power of spray paint!! I love it! I think your bathroom looks great! I also think it is fantastic that we have almost the same gray color. You know what they say about great minds!

    I am envious of your cute Qtip container! My cats steal mine and eat them. Along with cotton balls. So they have to be confined to a wee little jar. It looks great! I love all the little touches that you're doing! They really make the difference.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin