- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Meet This Messy Business!

Today I want to introduce y'all to my BBFF - Meaghan from This Messy Business! I invited her here today to show off her two favorite DIY projects (so far). Meaghan is currently working on updating her kitchen, so be sure to stop by her blog and check out the progress.


Hello there! My name is Meaghan and I'm visiting from This Messy Business!


I'm soooo excited that Sam asked me to help her out with a blog post here at The Junk House. I was lucky enough to find The Junk House back when I first started my blog in June, and ever since Sam and I have become BBFFs (Blog Best Friends Forever) because we have a lot in common. For starters we are both 20-somethings who are trying to navigate our way through this whole home ownership thing, and it's definitely been an adventure!


Sam asked me to share a couple of my favorite projects from my blog so far, and I was more then happy to oblige! My very favorite project that I've done so far is in my laundry room. Over the summer I bought a new front loading washer and dryer and decided to make an awesome counter for folding and maximizing storage.

Check it out before:


One piece of MDF and some small molding plus a lot of white paint later...


And the after! A beautiful finished laundry room counter top! It's been so handy for folding and sorting laundry!


My next favorite of all favorite projects is my custom built-in jewelry cabinet! I recently remodeled my bathroom and during the demolition we found that there was an odd and large mirror hiding an even stranger and larger hole in the drywall.


 Using some beadboard, MDF, and crown molding we were able to avoid replacing the drywall and made instead a jewelry holder sunk into the drywall. Looks like it was meant to be there!


Using an extra tension rod and some inexpensive shower hooks from WalMart I created a department store like necklace holder. It makes me feel like I'm in Macy's every time I pick out a necklace to wear in the morning!


And the final before and after! Pretty handy right? Bye bye ugly hole, hello luxury!



DIY is always such an adventure and I'm so glad that Sam invited me to share a couple of mine with you! Feel free to stop by This Messy Business and say "Hi!"

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin