- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Before – July Progress

Today is “Craft Room Update” day! As a reminder, this is what my craft room looked like at the beginning of the summer:

It was a MESS! Seriously, I’m embarrassed to even show that picture. It looks like an episode of Hoarders minus the cats and animal feces.
Anyway, last month you saw the room all cleaned up. You should have seen my trash/donate pile!

OK, now that everyone is caught up – let’s talk about my progress over the past month. I’ll warn you right now, nothing “pretty” has happened in the room yet.
Now that you’ve been warned, here’s what the craft room looks like now:

Everything has been cleared out, so I can start painting. Of course that means that my office now looks like this:

After I emptied everything from the room (including everything in the drawers), I took down the shelves and brackets.

I even made a little diagram and numbered all of the pieces so I’d be able to put everything back exactly as it was.

Moving the desk is next on my to-do list. Hopefully I can get that figured out this week, so I can paint over the weekend! I have the color narrowed down to 2 samples. It’s going to look SO much better painted! You can’t tell from the pictures, but the walls are filthy!
It doesn’t look like much right now, but I’m getting really excited for the “after”.  It looks great in my mind! I think I’ll put together a mood board next week to help organize my plans and share my plan with y’all.

Do you have a summer project? Are you making better progress than I am? I'm 2 months in and don't even have the walls painted yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin