- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Home Goals

Y’all know I like making lists, so I’m sure no one is surprised that I’m participating in Nester’s 2012 Home Goals party.

Instead of just listing specific projects I want to write this list a little differently.

#1
It’s almost been a year, time for my house to stop looking/feeling like I just moved in!
This means I will finish unpacking boxes and actually make some decorating decisions.  Instead of waiting for the perfect piece I need to start using what I have. I can always update/replace things, but for now, something would look better than nothing.
(Not a good look – The tile has been fixed since this picture)

#2
Stop being a cheap ass and spend some of the money I’ve been hoarding!
I’ve been saving money for a couple big projects/furniture pieces, but I’ve yet to act on any of them. I’m planning to:
Extend the Back Patio
Buy a New Couch
Buy a New Entertainment Center
And I’m planning to use my yearly bonus (depending on the amount) to replace my stove and microwave to match the other kitchen appliances.


#3
Simplify!
This one is going to be hard because I love stuff!

However, I don’t like dusting stuff. And I’m starting to feel like I’ve accumulated too much stuff! My boyfriend and I recently dropped off 2 boxes and 1 trash bag full of stuff to the Goodwill…it’s a good start, but I’m sure we have more.

#4
Stop apologizing for my house!
We work full-time and have a puppy – our house isn’t going to be perfect. It will get messy and things will be out of order. I need to remember that.
And I think we all know DIY projects take time. I can’t expect everything to happen overnight. This year I want to stop being embarrassed about the things that need to be fixed and start enjoying the fact that I have my own house. I know I’m very lucky and I want to try and be more appreciative of that.

Here’s a great “Quit Apologizing” post from Nester.

6 comments:

  1. Great goals! I love the quit apologizing one. Having a home is something to be proud of and DIY projects are so satisfying but they can't all be done in a weekend so it's good to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor & the process of working on the next project - when you feel like doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of Goals! Isn't it exciting to write it all down and plan it out?! I'm a list maker too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your name on pinterest. Try to find me! Ellie Seaman, I think! Too many names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, do they have Habitat ReStore out by you? They may take your stove and micro if you don't sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be cool to see what it looks like after another year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals, substitute 'kids' for puppy and 'lazy' for works full time, and you have my reasons for my house not being perfect too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin