- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pictures of You #2


Winter Break is officially over and it’s back to the grind today. Ugh! Last week I promised to finish 3 projects during my time off. I’m going to show y’all those projects over the next couple weeks…I can’t post 3 projects in one week – I don’t want to spoil you guys! Ha! Let’s start with the gallery wall expansion.
This is what my original gallery wall looked like.

Nothing wrong with it…just time for an upgrade.
I’ve been hoarding frames for the past few months for this project. I still have some leftover so expect Pictures of You #3 one of these days. I found all of these frames at various thrift stores. I’m pretty sure I didn’t pay more than $2.99 for any of them (most between 99 cents - $1.99). I sprayed all of the frames (including the original ones) with Krylon Dual Paint + Primer Black in Satin.

I promise they are all hung straight even though a few don’t look like it from the pictures.

OK, now let’s look at the individual pieces:

Top Left (moving clockwise-ish): our family dog Molly, sophomore year in college, free Nest printable from taidye original, group picture at a friend’s birthday, mirror, Bates Mercantile Co. Pink Louis Chair print (I won the print from a Crafty Scrappy Happy giveaway), Ringo in Greer, my boyfriend and I at Halloween, free peacock printable from Children Inspire Design, and free Olive You printable from Big D & Me.

Top Left (moving clockwise-ish): senior year of college, our first New Years Eve, my parents and me in Hawaii, my boyfriend and me at the BBQ festival, Ringo, shadowbox with seashells from our trip to California (tutorial tomorrow!), and free Home Sweet Home printable from The Pretty Blog.
All together from one more angle:

1 Winter Break project down; 2 to go! Anyone want to guess what other 2 projects I finished?

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Sam! I love the wall! I am trying to work on getting a gallery wall out in the mud room. I hope it looks as great as yours!

    Take care!
    jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sending me this link! I am so happy you used the nest printable. You display is really really nice. I am off to check out the rest of your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, I missed this! This makes me so happy to see my illustration hung on your wall....very cool! thanks a bunch
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin