- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Monday, January 16, 2012

#2, Mounted


I’m finally sharing the second project we completed during Christmas Break! The master bedroom TV is finally off the dresser and on the wall!
Before

I should have taken a new before picture. A few weeks before we mounted the TV we moved the Blu-ray player into the bedroom. It was sitting on top of the cable box, hanging over the dresser about 6 inches. It looked stupid.

Anyway, I bought this TV Wall Mountfrom Amazon on Black Friday for $25 (it’s currently $27.99). Yes, that means we had everything to complete this project sitting around for about a month.  
Following the provided instructions, mounting the TV was easier than I thought it would be. At least it looked easy…my boyfriend did most of the work. My job was to hold stuff and go get the tools.

After
Yes, the cords bother me, but I didn’t have the balls to cut holes into the wall…yet.


You’ll be seeing this area again. I have plans for the top of dresser and of course something has to be done about the cords. And someday - a larger dresser.

You can’t really tell from the pictures, but there’s so much more room in that area now. It looks so much more open and spacious.

So, let’s talk about the third project I finished over Christmas Break. It’s done, but I’ve been obsessing over one of the hems (that might give you a clue about the project). Some days I think it’s straight and some days I think it’s crooked. I haven’t posted it yet because I’m *this* close to ripping out part of the hem (for the third time). So let’s just say that post is on hold this week.

*Link contains affiliate

4 comments:

  1. Cords drive me crazy. So do holes in walls.

    Sigh.

    Love the chest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! It looks really good! I love it! I've seen where they take some kinda piping and cut it and half and attach it to the wall to cover the cords. You could paint the piping the same color as the wall so it would just blend it! No holes... no cords... not sure if it's literally piping that they use but maybe check out the lighting section in Lowe's or something, they might have a better solution!

    It looks good though! Love the white! hehe

    meaghan @thismessybusiness.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! We have a tv in our bedroom that sits on top of my jewelry cabinet, but needs to be put up on the wall. We really need to get it done, it really would be so much better; now that I see how nice yours looks!

    jodi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin