- See more at: http://tutorialgeek.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-change-your-blogger-domain-url.html#sthash.sezFio1Q.dpuf

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big Fat IKEA Fail

Remember how one of my 2012 Home Goals was to buy a new entertainment center?
Well, I did it! Kind of…
Before
(Name that movie!)

It’s bad. I know.
The boxes, cabinet, and bricks were there to block the puppy from chewing on the drywall. The puppy pen is there to block the puppy from chewing on the boxes. Sigh.

A few weeks ago I went to IKEA to buy fabric for my headboard…but the lady 2 carts in front of me ended up buying the entire bolt of fabric I wanted. Ugh! Luckily the trip wasn’t a complete bust because I ended up finding my new entertainment center.
BUT I couldn’t buy all the pieces because they were too long to fit in my car, so I only bought the TV stand part. I need my boyfriend and his truck to get the side bookcases and the bridge piece.
After
Hello Ashton!

Oh, you didn’t think that was the end of the story did you? If you saw my facebook post from that day you know better!

Long story short: We got the TV stand put together and then realized 2 of the pieces were backwards…which meant we put nail holes in some of the front pieces! Yes, nail holes in my brand-new $225 TV stand.

I cried. And swore like a sailor.
I eventually calmed down and noticed that the nail holes weren’t really noticeable from the couch.  So I can sit on the couch watching TV without noticing the nail holes and filling with rage. Hooray! I'm going to try filling them with white putty. Hopefully that will help even more!

Today’s Lesson: Make sure your IKEA furniture is correctly built before nailing the back piece on!

10 comments:

  1. That stinks! But, you totally saved it! I'm sure they are way more noticeable to you than anyone else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blind Side with Michael Ohler - Love that movie. I'm sorry things didn't work out at IKEA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a story like that, with time you will be able to look at your shelf sam. LOL! say yes to wood putty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on the new entertainment center, Boooo on the nail holes. This happened when we were putting some shelves up in a closet, the shelving we had was already white so I took a bit of white craft paint and just dabbed the nail holes and it's totally blended in now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I've done that too! Ikea should put stickers on the parts. It looks great and I'm sure the putty will work. I'm your newest follower. I have a future challenge in mind if you ever want to jump in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butttt it looks AWESOME! and it's white!

    Does it get any better?
    NO!
    I say it does not!

    PS. I would love to play nintendo with you! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is SUPER cute!! I'm a new follower from the Sunday Social! I can't wait to hear more about your renovation story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha awww that sounds like something my hubby and I would do! Its okay it still looks good! Now following you! Thanks for stopping by The Sunday Social at The Kurtz Corner! Hope to see you around the blog-o-sphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. kudos to you for putting it together at all. i do.not.have the patience. it looks great, too! i'm a new follower from Sunday Social. Hope you'll visit me back. :)

    ~Hilary~

    http://daydreambeliever-hilary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin